Go Back   Dark and Light Forums > Archive > Support > Tech support > Anything else about technical issue in DnL
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Visitor

Responsibility

I have read through several of the threads, including announcements and stickies, and have come to a startling conclusion. Not only is the game dead (duh) but none of the responsible parties bothered to inform us of that fact, instead leaving thousands of players to guess at it. Due to their dereliction of duty, most of their customers believed the servers to merely be down for a few weeks, before some of them started to put forth the possibility of the game simply being completely dead.

Another side effect of the responsible party's dereliction of duty is the fact that the game still receives new customers... more people are being drawn in by what now amounts to a scam, wanting to try a game that simply won't work. First, they'll spend half an hour trying to get the site download links to work, then, if they're anything like me, they'll read the forum until they figure out an alternative way of downloading the installer. They'll then spend five or six hours downloading it, possibly followed by another hour or two of installation. So far, they've likely spent approximately eight and a half hours on it. So, now it's downloaded and installed, whew, now they can play. Or can they?

They then launch the client... only to be unable to connect even to update it! So they try again... and again... and again... before finally returning to these forums to learn that the game is dead and those responsible for the game and any relevant news didn't even bother to announce that fact to the several thousand players who rely upon them! I'm guessing that new players waste about nine hours before finding out that those in charge of the game are irresponsible and discourteous scammers.

Why irresponsible? Because it was their duty to inform us, their customers, that the game is no longer available.

Why discourteous? Because they didn't bother to inform us, the thousands of people who played or are interested in playing the game, that it's unavailable.

Why scammers? Because for those of us who are new to the game and spend those nine hours trying to get it to work, by not informing the gaming community that the game is unavailable they basically swindle those nine hours from us with a lie by omission. They don't tell us it's not available, so we think it is, and thus their omission becomes a lie that costs us a lot of time and effort. No wonder they're angering and frustrating loads of people.

But I doubt they care. The game is dead, it's not like they have anything left to lose now. But still, it was their duty to inform us, by making a sticky in the forum or even deleting the website... or better yet, revamping the website to include only the homepage and this forum, with the homepage telling those who see it that the game is no longer available. That would have been the intelligent and responsible thing to do. But it seems they'd rather ruffle as many feathers as they can. They should just be glad they don't work in England.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Emperor

Send a message via MSN to Sorez
do you feel better now ?

IGN - #Sorez #Brutus #Igor

Rehab is for quitters
Old 06-29-2010, 06:00 AM
Visitor

I want to know who cares about P-Servers on a dead game ... hmmm. Looks like some work for meh
I'll ask at Ragezone for that. Maybe sum1 knows how to get at least some trouble with staff that never reads this forum again ( i think )
Old 07-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Journeyman

Thanks for this thread! Your post of rage brightened my day.

Seriously.